[mythtv-users] Guide for setting up MCE remote

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 14:55:05 UTC 2008

On Jan 10, 2008 4:58 PM, Christopher Friend
<christopher_friend at hotmail.com> wrote:

> There's an MCE Remote specific page on the wiki at
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/MCE_Remote
>
> It worked great a year or two ago, and I added quite a lot to the guide
> myself, though I don't know what state it's in right now. It'll probably
> work out the box on modern distros anyway save for the .lircrc file, which
> just happens to be another thing i put far too much effort in to at one
> point...
>
> http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=8048
>
> Not sure how well it fits 0.2whatever-we're-at anymore but it's pretty good
> for my 0.20 setup.

Chris,

 I actually just used that page last night to set up my new MCE v2 on
my bedroom PC. I have it running Kubuntu 7.10, plugged the IR module
in and it automatically saw it and loaded the proper driver. started
the LIRC daemon, copied the lircrc from the MythWiki page and
restarted mythfrontend and it worked perfectly! I need to edit some of
the mappings for my personal use (and set it so the power buttons turn
force DPMS on and off for my 21" monitor I'm using as a "tv")

Oh, and I'm running SVN, not that it should really matter in this case....

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!