[mythtv-users] MythTV as a Gift (Hardware Recommendations)

Michael Nguyen michaeln at twentyten.org
Fri Jan 11 00:25:24 UTC 2008

Lindsay Mathieson wrote:
> Michael Nguyen wrote:
>> Lindsay Mathieson wrote:

>>> Good point - limited PCI slots. The Silverstone (not silverstream like I
>>> wrote earlier :( ) LC17 or LC20 is a full size ATX case.
>>>

>> Limited slots is ok.  I figure I need one PCI slot and that's for the
>> TV tuner card.
>
> Heh - one tuner only? you'll want to upgrade that fairly rapidly :)

Ok... Hauppauge HVR-1600?  What would you guys get?  How many tuners
would you have?

This might sound strange, but I haven't owned a TV since 1994 so this is
a particularly hard gift for me to judge.  I take it you want more than
one tuner so you can record with one and watch with another?  Would I
want two HVR-1600s?  Is this even the right brand I should be going for?

Michael