[mythtv-users] My First MythTV Box

Dewey Smolka dsmolka at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 22:17:09 UTC 2008

On Jan 10, 2008 2:09 PM, Jonno <jonnojohnson at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > The Microsoft MCE Remote
> >
> > But, but... It's got a big Windows button right in the middle! :-)
> >
> > (Thanks for your advice!)
> >
> > John...
> >

> I don't suppose anyone has ever figured out how to take the remote
> apart and replace the Microsoft logo with a Myth logo?

Actually, yes.

There is a single torx screw in the battery compartment holding the
thing together. I don't have any torx hardware but was able to coax it
out with the screwdriver from an eyeglass repair kit. After that it's
just prying the thing apart with a butter knife -- there are either
three or four clamps on each side, can't remember exactly. I couldn't
get a good looking MythTV logo that small so used Tux instead.