[mythtv-users] SVN 15166: playback profiles - Deinterlacers

Phill Wiggin alamar at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 15:42:48 UTC 2008

I've been digging through the archives, but haven't found quite what
I'm looking for.  Hopefully I'm just overlooking something.

My frontend is an AMD Semperon 2600+ w/ an NVIDIA 5200 graphics card.

I'm running SVN 15166.  When I try to play HD content, the audio
stutters. I've tried all the default profiles w/ Bob2x and linear
blend deinterlacers.  If I set the interlacer to 'none', HD content
plays, but the video playback looks awful.

Before Playback Profiles were implemented, my frontend was able to
play HD content without problem (got color OSD going and everything)
using the kernel deinterlacer.

Now, the only options I have for deinterlacers are: Bob2x, Linear
blend, and None.  How can I enable other deinterlacers? (Kernel, etc)

I've tried toggling the 'extra audio buffering' option; it didn't
help.  Slowing down the playback speed to .9x lowered the amount of
audio stuttering, but it was still present.

Any suggestions on how I can get HD back to running smoothly?