[mythtv-users] EIT data for only one tuner

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 13:10:16 UTC 2008

On 10/01/2008, mat <mat at lessermatters.co.uk> wrote:
> > How many video sources do you have configured in mythtv-setup? If you
> > only have the Nova-T-500 card in the machine (providing 2 DVB inputs),
> > you should only have one video source, containing all of the digital
> > channels from the channel scan. On the Input Connections page you
> > should attach this video source to both DVB-T inputs.
> >
> > Both DVB tuners will then share the common EIT data, so it should be
> > available for all card inputs configured to use that video source.
>
> Well, I have an old analogue card in there as well, which I intend to hook
> up to my digi-box at some point. I think I may have created 3 Video
> Sources - could this be the problem?

It could well be. If you are using the analogue tuner on the old card,
and the 2 digital tuners on the Nova-T-500, you only need 2 video
sources - one containing the analog channels, and one containing the
digital channels.

> Is there a way of checking accessing the DB? Should the table be obvious?

The database tables related to capturecards, cardinputs, channels and
videosources have obvious names, and it's quite easy to figure out the
relationships between them.

However, this shouldn't be necessary and you should only need to enter
mythtv-setup and verify which card inputs are connected to which video
sources. Make sure those are correctly configured (analogue video
source connected to analogue tuner, digital video source connected to
_both_ DVB tuners) and everything should work properly without
requiring any DB tinkering.

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki: