[mythtv-users] MythTV as a Gift (Hardware Recommendations)

David Segall david at segall.net
Thu Jan 10 12:03:03 UTC 2008

> The Antec fusion is a good silent case, it has 120mm fans and the PSU is
> quite silent.
> Drawbacks of the fusion is that it´s mATX only. Many cases including the
> fusion are quite deep with all connectors and stuff attached to the
> back, take that into the equation.
I'm also happy with my Antec Fusion case.
  I´ve replaced the antec fans in my fusion with nexus fans to quiet it
> further.
> For harddrives I´d go with Western Digital GP drives, I´m using samsung
> drives today but they vibrate a bit to much.
I don't think vibrating hard drives should be a problem because the case
comes with soft mounts for the drives.
> Microsoft mediacenter remote with Ir-sender, newer fusion V2 has
> integrated ir reciver but no sender.
I have the old Fusion case and followed the instructions at
<http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Volume_Knob_on_Antec_Fusion> to
get the VFD working but the volume control still does not work. There is
a note on the page about the newer versions of the case.

--
David