[mythtv-users] Preserve This Episode

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Wed Jan 9 21:22:07 UTC 2008

On Jan 9, 2008 9:50 AM, David Segall <david at segall.net> wrote:

> [...]

My memory is fuzzy, but I *think* that the max recordings logic is separate
from the auto-expiration logic.

Auto-expire: Delete when disk space reaches a threshold
Max recordings: Delete when number of recordings reaches a threshold

So you can disable auto-expiration on a recording but it can still be
removed by the max recordings logic when the next recording starts.  The
Preserve flag does for a max recording limited rule what the auto-expire
flag does for the auto-expiration rules.

Does that make sense?

Kevin