[mythtv-users] Preserve This Episode

Richard Freeman r-mythtv at thefreemanclan.net
Wed Jan 9 20:08:06 UTC 2008

David Segall wrote:

> Justin wrote:
>> Just wondering, how is this feature different from just disabling auto
>> expire on one recording?
> I believe it is equivalent to disabling auto expire on one recording
> _and_ adding one to the number of recordings to keep. It provides the
> convenience of a one step solution to a problem at the expense of adding
> another option the user has to understand.

Yeah - I run a script every night that updates any recordings with the
one flag to set the other as well - typically I'm interested in both or
neither.  Plus - this way you get a visual indicator when you preserve a
show (that has finally made it into the trunk, but I'm not sure if it is
in a released version yet).

Most of my recordings have episode limits.  The kids like watching
sitcoms but I don't want my whole drive expired when there is a weekend
marathon/etc.

I'd still like to see myth become multi-user aware.  Per-user quotas,
personalized program filters (beyond just recording groups), and the
ability to track who has seen what show would all be nice to have!  I
know it was a Google SoC project - I guess it never panned out...