[mythtv-users] SageTV HD Extender STX-HD100

Mitch Gore mitchell.gore at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 19:56:14 UTC 2008

On Dec 12, 2007 4:36 PM, Andrew Gallatin <gallatin at cs.duke.edu> wrote:

> ccmail at bellsouth.net [ccmail at bellsouth.net] wrote:
> > > I thought that you had to have received the binary software
> > > distribution in order to be legally entiltled to get the source
> > > under the GPL.  Eg, I don't think they are required to give you
> > > the source unless you've purchesed the extender itself..
> >
> > I was amazed to see an insert in the box that my Sony Bravia TV came in
> that had a similar list of open source software being used in the TV,
> including some versions of Linux and Busybox.  Sony had a web site where you
> could go download the source code.
>
> Hmm.. which model?  I just got a KDL-46VL130 (Sams/Costco version of
> the V3000) and I never noticed such an insert.
>
> Drew

Just an update on this.... i have not recieved the source code from Sage.  I
sent them and email asking that status and recieved this

<quote>
Mitch,

Sorry about that. We will get that to you as soon as possible. We are at CES
right now, but will try to get it to you by Friday or Monday.

Thanks,

George Oms
SageTV, LLC
http://www.sagetv.com/