[mythtv-users] NAS

Josh TwoOneSix at thatclothingco.com
Wed Jan 9 18:12:09 UTC 2008

On Jan 9, 2008 10:38 AM, A JM <vbtalent at gmail.com> wrote:

> Ty,
>
> I'm a bit green w/NAS servers, how did you have it setup for Myth to
> understand? did you use Myth's storage directory's for multiple disks in the
> NAS or some other process?
>
> Thanks,

You will setup and manage your NAS independently from your myth setup and
then all you will need to do is mount the NAS from your backend and/or
frontends VIA a standard NFS share. As far as Myth is concerned you will
just point your recording directories to the NAS (I.E. /mnt/nas/recordings)
and myth won't know the difference since the NAS will be in charge of making
sure the data is available.

Josh