[mythtv-users] Mythgame Holds Screen Focus on OTHER

Gary Thompson garyssubscribedemail at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 13:49:33 UTC 2008

Hi,
    When I launch a game it launches in the background and I need to ALT-TAB
to see it.  In the meantime, the Myth GUI freezes (I'm assuming the game
executable is blocking the GUI on purpose)

I'm playing with mythgame on an Ubuntu (7.10) machine.  I've created a new
Game Player of type "Other" (PC-GAME did not work).

Command: %s (I don't really understand what it all means...)
Rom Path: /usr/games

The plan was just to test mythgame and so I decided to point it to the
folder which held all the game startup scripts in the distro.

Here are some additional questions:
- How does "PC-GAME" under type work?
- Once the games directory is scanned, is there a way I can configure
screenshots / genre's on a per title basis?

Thank you.

Gary