[mythtv-users] two menu EXEC problems

Michelle Dupuis support at ocg.ca
Wed Jan 9 05:09:15 UTC 2008

I'm building a custom menu to handle my audio streaming and have run into 2
problems:

1.  Ampersands:  It seems that if I have an ampersand in my command line,
Myth chokes on the menu (won't even show entire menu).  But, I need
ampersands in my URL.  For example below.  How should I handle this?
   <button>
      <type>MUSIC</type>
      <text>97.5 - EZrock</text>
      <action>EXEC mplayer -cache 128 -playlist
http://38.99.162.179/ciqm1?ext=.asf
<http://38.99.162.179/ciqm1?ext=.asf&al=b&id=1&mount=ciqm</action>
&al=b&id=1&mount=ciqm</action>
   </button>

2.  I temporarily create a menu with streaming sources that didn't need an &
in the url, and the menu shows fine.  However, when I click the menu item
myth just freezes.  I can see from "ps ax" was launched, but it's not on top
(or visible), and myth is hung.  Is there something wrong with my config
above?

Thanks,
MD