[mythtv-users] How to ensure STB is powered ON? Re: SA3250HD is turning itself off?

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Wed Jan 9 00:19:13 UTC 2008

> What if there was a small power disruption? My backend machine would
> boot back all the way up, I wonder what stage would the STB be? Is
> there a way one can ensure that the STB stays powered on, rather than
> finding out from recordings with blank/black display? thanks.

Does it have to use the power key to power up? A lot of STBs will power up
on any channel change selection key (as my TV does) in which case use the
channel change to power up and the power key to power down.

I'm not clear on whether you are using an IR blaster to talk to the STB or
not
but a few experiments with the original remote may be useful...

--
Robin Gilks