[mythtv-users] Touchscreen "workaround" (with help of other programs)?

Nils Berg t045tbr0t at yahoo.de
Tue Jan 8 22:18:13 UTC 2008

I am aware of at least one of those, but I think it was a custom
patch into mythfrontend or the plugins. I'd prefer if it were done
with an independent program that is independent of mythtv itself for
two reasons:
Firstly, I'm not that much into linux at the moment, and I'm neither
sure what version of mythtv those patches were for nor how well
they'd cope with an update.
And secondly, I am planning to run two instances of mythtv (dual-
headed X with a seperate user running each), and I'm not sure if the
patches would interfere with anything.
Also, from what I've seen so far, the MythTV UI lacks on-screen
buttons for quite a few essential functions, like "back" or "menu",
so I'm not sure how much being able to use the mouse as a pointer
would help.

But still, thanks for the tip, I'll go recheck if I missed anything!

regards,
Nils