[mythtv-users] How to expire deleted files like LiveTV recordings?

Robert RobertCL at iname.com
Tue Jan 8 17:25:00 UTC 2008

Chris Pinkham wrote:
> * On Tue Jan 08, 2008 at 03:39:48PM -0000, Robert Longbottom wrote:
>> Maybe, what is needed, rather than something to delete live-tv / "deleted
>> recordings" after a few days (although this would be nice ;) ), is a
>> better free-space-o-meter.  One that shows a breakdown of space used by
>> say, programs not allowed to expire, programs allowed to expire, livetv,
>> programs marked for deletion, etc.
>
> There's a ticket in my view about this that has existed since before the
> special Deleted Recording Group was created.  I haven't had any time to
> work on it, but someone asked me about it recently in IRC I believe.
> If they can't get to it before 0.21, maybe you can submit a patch. ;)
>
> --
> Chris

If I could code in C, I'd certainly look into it, sadly I can't and I
think the MythTv code might be little too complex for an introduction to
C programming!

Nice to know that the feature is on a list somewhere though.  Hopefully
someone with enough skills will want it enough to submit a patch.

Robert.