[mythtv-users] [Fwd: Using JACK for Audio - SOLVED]

Martin Lynch martin.lynch at shaw.ca
Tue Jan 8 13:42:25 UTC 2008

_______________

Few things I had to do to get JACK to work:

- In the General section of Setup in the frontend, I had to change
"JACK:output" to "JACK:" This finally allowed me to connect to JACK, but
the audio was horrible - slow and distorted and goofy.
- I changed some settings in JACK: changed sample rate to 44.1 (from 96)
and changed the frames/period to 256 (from 64). Periods/buffer remained
at 3. The latency, which I ordinarily keep at 2ms for music projects
went up to 17.4ms (ie. (256 X 3)/44,100). Real time checkbox remains
checked in JACK, and I'm using "Extra Audio Sound" in Myth.

This works great and has eliminated audio choppiness on HD channels
which had recently developed and which slowed down playback.