[mythtv-users] LiveTV without the disk buffering

Dan Cotter dancotter2003 at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 8 07:09:44 UTC 2008

Are you sure its not a CPU speed limit? I get the same thing. It appears the Mythtv player, however it works, eats up extreme amount of CPU cycles.
I can't be a harddrive problem really, as others have said HD content won't be more than 4MB per second or so. Try finding out what the CPU usage is in myth when running.
Some other players are very smart at chucking away data when the CPU isn't fast enough. My XP2000+ can't play HD movies in the front end but can in other media players.

> Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2008 19:43:15 -0500
> From: mikeh at fesnel.com
> To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org
> Subject: [mythtv-users] LiveTV without the disk buffering
>
> Hi,
>
> Is there a way to configure LiveTV so that it does not have to disk
> buffer the stream? I have an HD card and my disk is unable to support
> buffering the stream at the HD rate (it jumps/skips) but I'd like to be
> able to watch HD channels without the ability to time-shift/etc.
>
> I can watch the channels if I exit mythfrontend and run mplayer, but I'd
> like to watch TV without exiting mythfrontend.

What are you waiting for? Join Lavalife FREE
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Flavalife9%2Eninemsn%2Ecom%2Eau%2Fclickthru%2Fclickthru%2Eact%3Fid%3Dninemsn%26context%3Dan99%26locale%3Den%5FAU%26a%3D30288&_t=764581033&_r=email_taglines_Join_free_OCT07&_m=EXT