[mythtv-users] tv_grab_no_gfeed hack

Martin Isak Jansen nortis at blomstereng.org
Mon Jan 7 20:28:58 UTC 2008

Hi all!

This is a little hack to make mythtv use the new tv_grab_no_gfeed instead of
the old and broken tv_grab_no.

1) Rename /usr/bin/tv_grab_no to something else like tv_grab_no.deprecated (
mv /usr/bin/tv_grab_no /usr/bin/tv_grab_no.deprecated )

2) Make a symlink from tv_grab_no_gfeed to tv_grab_no ( ln -s
/usr/bin/tv_grab_no /usr/bin/tv_grab_no_gfeed )

3) Run tv_grab_no_gfeed --configure and select the channels you have.

4) Copy the config file to your mythtv preferences folder and replace your
.xmltv file there. In my case videosource.xmltv. ( cp
~/.xmltv/tv_grab_no_gfeed.conf ~/.mythtv/videosource.xmltv )

5) Some of the channel id's have changed so you need to update your config.
Run tv_grab_no_gfeed and get the new channel id's. ( tv_grab_no_gfeed | grep
channel )

6) Update your channel id's using your favourite method of choice ( I like
to use mythweb ).

A nice thing is that if mythtv is updated to use tv_grab_no_gfeed this hack
does not brake anything.
Hope this helps! But there are some cons. Not all channels are working with
tv_grab_no_gfeed, but I suppose this will be fixed eventually.

--
Martin Isak Jansen
www.blomstereng.org