[mythtv-users] Radio Times xmltv Howto?

Steve Curtis scurtis at fixation.net
Mon Jan 7 12:41:05 UTC 2008

On 07/01/2008, Oliver Maunder <mail at olivermaunder.co.uk> wrote:

> I'm in the same situation as you - currently using EIT but thinking about
> moving to XMLTV (and keeping a bit of EIT for the radio stations).
>
> There's a Radio Times XMLTV guide here: http://parker1.co.uk/mythtv_id.php
>
> I haven't tried it yet so I can't vouch for it's accuracy, but all the
> other advice on that site is rock solid.

Hi Oliver - thanks for the response.  I also have been using that site with
my mythbuntu rebuild and used it to get my Nova-T 500 working.  I did try
and follow the steps on there for UK radio times, but when I get to the
point about running an "updateid" script that the guy wrote to help
streamline the process of matching your tuned channels with the guide data
it just bombs out complaining of "an EOF error on line 79."

So, cause it borked I was completely stuck and hoping something somewhere
may say what and how it all works so I can do whatever the script was going
to do manually - but I can't find anything.  :-(

Let me know how you get on!  Hope you have better luck than me - MythTv
itself is rock solid and fantastic - its just a shame it seems to be mostly
US users so things like this are harder to configure for noobs like me..

--
Steve Curtis [scurtis at fixation.net]
Fixation Networks Ltd