[mythtv-users] nVidia drivers - which one?

Bruce Nordstrand brucen at ksl.com.au
Mon Jan 7 10:24:26 UTC 2008

Hi all

I have one remaining issue with my MythBuntu install. We have a PAL
analog TV and the picture is off centre and up. This is only with Linux
drivers and when I was playing with Windows the picture was perfect and
straight.

I am running a FX 5200 card using the latest drivers installed by Envy.
I have tried the nvidia-settings setting for overscan and I cannot fit
the display on the screen. Like I said, it is over to the left and up.
Myth however seems to be trying to display on all the screen as the
picture is cut off on the right hand side and bottom.

I have tried everything and am slowly going nuts, so am asking if anyone
has/had the same issue and how they addressed it.

MythBuntu 7.10 using trunk builds, nVidia FX 5200 128Mb. Envy built this
kernel package:
nvidia-kernel-2.6.22-14-generic_169.07-0ubuntu3+2.6.22-14.47_i386.deb

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Bruce