[mythtv-users] PVR-150 install issues with LIRC irblaster

Paul openletter at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 5 20:07:21 UTC 2008

Hello-

I'm trying to install LIRC for the irblaster on my
PVR-150 on Ubuntu 7.10 using the community install
guide (referenced in the MythTV install guide) here:
http://tinyurl.com/2uvshh

I can follow it all pretty well, but when it states to
make the codes conform to how irw reports the
keypress, I can't follow this step because I have not
configured a remote (as instructed in the MythTV and
lirc install guides).

So I soldier on and restart lirc then run the irsend
test using a code from lircd.conf and and I get:
irsend SEND_ONCE blaster 1_120_KEY_POWER
irsend: could not connect to socket
irsend: No such file or directory

What am I doing wrong?