[mythtv-users] LCD date

Greg Lake greg12866 at nycap.rr.com
Sat Jan 5 00:42:32 UTC 2008

Kevin Kuphal wrote:

> On Jan 4, 2008 3:24 PM, raptor jr <raptorjr at hotmail.com
> <mailto:raptorjr at hotmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     I'm using SVN trunk version and recently updated. Now i have
>     day,date and year on my LCD display, above the time. But i only
>     want the time like it was before my update. How can i remove the date?
>

> If you're running SVN, you really should be reading the commit lists,
> and if you do, you should have seen this ticket and fix
>
> http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/4329
>
> And looking at it myself, no, you cannot remove the date with the
> current setup.  You could comment on that ticket about your request
> and perhaps paul will take a look at it.  I would think if there was
> some place to configure a date/time format for the LCD that would be
> the best method. Offering a patch yourself for this would be the ideal
> and quickest solution but I understand if you're not a coder.
>
> Kevin

Check out this web site..about mid way down the page the author goes
into how to modify your menus...It don't go into the time and date
removal,  but you can remove it or change the font or colors using his
methods. I did make the time and date smaller and changed the color to
more of my liking.... It will take a bit of trial and error, it can all
be reversed if you mess it up... Good Luck.

http://www.myhdbox.com/mythtips/

Greg