[mythtv-users] Quick verification of 'autoexpire'

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Jan 4 22:57:14 UTC 2008

On 01/04/2008 03:52 PM, Paul Mason wrote:

>>> i believe by default auto-expire allows re-record
>>>
>> Yep.
>>>  but if not it's
>>> definitely an option in mythtv-setup.
>> Used to be, but was removed and now autoexpired shows are marked to
>> allow re-record.  In trunk (and soon 0.21), you can tell it to only
>> allow re-record if the autoexpired show was watched (only trunk supports
>> the watched flag).  By default, in trunk, watched shows that are
>> autoexpired are allowed to re-record.
> What about autoexpired unwatched shows? I think they re-record by default
> too right?

Right.  By default in trunk (soon 0.21), all shows that are autoexpired
are allowed to re-record.  If you change the setting:

Re-record watched programs
If set, programs that have been marked as watched and are auto-expired
will be re-recorded if they are shown again.

from its default (true) to false (uncheck the checkbox), then watched
programs that are auto-expired will not be marked to allow re-record.

Mike