[mythtv-users] newbie: mythtv-setup without menus?

Mogens Kjaer mk at lemo.dk
Fri Jan 4 11:13:07 UTC 2008

I'm trying to set up mythtv for the first time.

When I run mythtv-setup, I get a screen like:

http://www.lemo.dk/mythtv/setup.png

Shouldn't there be some sort of menu there?

If I click randomly (the mouse cursor is not visible in
the window), different setups occurs as if I've clicked
on an invisible menu.

I've tried 0.20.2 from atrpms and from a manual compile,
same result.

I'm trying to setup a backend server (the machine does
not have a screen attached), so the setup program is
run through ssh -X

The machine runs Centos 5.1 with a vanilla 2.6.23.12 kernel
(the centosplus kernel doesn't support my saa7134-based
DVB-T card).

What have I done wrong?

Mogens
Mogens Kjaer, mk at lemo.dk