[mythtv-users] mplayer and mythvideo on Mac OS Leopard

Willy Boyd willyboyd at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 22:21:36 UTC 2008

On Jan 3, 2008 2:46 PM, Lasse Knudsen <lasse.h.knudsen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the reply,
>
> mplayer plays the vidoes without problems when i launch them directly from
> the desktop. mplayer -identify wont do anything :) as the mplayer
> application is not called mplayer but, "MPlayer OSX" :)

But inside the "MPlayer OSX" packages (right-click in Finder and
select "Show Package Contents" you will find the actual mplayer
executable.  I assume that's how you figured out the weird path to put
in the MythVideo settings.

So, get into Terminal and cd to that path.  Run mplayer directly
(./mplayer) with the -identify option, and that should work to get
that output.