[mythtv-users] Should I be transcoding? UK DVB-T

Neil Milne neil.milne at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 20:00:55 UTC 2008

On 02/01/2008, Tim Phipps <mythtv-users at phipps-hutton.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
> I've got a similar set up and use lossless transcode, It reduces file
> size by ~15% and is very fast.

Is there still an issue with lossless transcode where it sometimes
discards the stereo audio track in favour of the mono sight-impaired
track instead? I've been editing my recordings outside mythtv since
that started happening.

> Commercial detection would be great if you can do it but changing the
> right/left buttons to skip 29s is pretty good (those commercials are
> charged by the microsecond so they get exactly what they pay for).

I just skip 4 minutes and that usually works perfectly. I think E4 has
4.5 minutes of ads though which is most annoying :-(

Cheers,
Neil

--
Neil Milne