[mythtv-users] xmltv.radiotimes.com is back

Neil Milne neil.milne at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 18:54:57 UTC 2008

On 03/01/2008, Andy Burns <fedora at adslpipe.co.uk> wrote:
> On 03/01/2008 06:30, Neil Milne wrote:
>
> > I find you get a lot more detail in the rt feed - episode names are
> > more prevalent which helps a lot with the duplicate checker in myth.
>
> Does the RT feed suffer the same issue as the EIT feed, which is that
> for repeats, sombody often feels tempted to make minor tweaks to the
> description of what is the same episode, causing myth to regard it as
> different? Or are you saying the extra episode names don't suffer this,
> so therefore you are able to disable matching on description.

For repeats the description often changes, but you can usually rely on
the episode name (aka subtitle) not to change. For a lot of my
schedules I have changed the default match rules from 'subtitle and
description' to 'subtitle' - this prevents a lot of manual episode
deletion after the fact :-)

> Do you get the freeview playback "series link" IDs?

Can't see anything like that in the xml. I don't think the myth
support for series link is present in 0.20.2 which is what I'm running
right now so doesn't really make any difference.

To be honest, most series record just fine matching on title +
subtitle alone without the additional link information (if I
understand what it's about).

--
Neil Milne