[mythtv-users] SVN Head - how do I use Playback Groups

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 03:16:03 UTC 2008

On 03/01/2008, Robin Gilks <g8ecj at gilks.org> wrote:

> > To move a show to a different recording group:
> > Open Info on recording, keyboard key 'i' by default.
> > Click recording options.
> > Click change recording group.
> > Either select an existing recording group or type a new one in.
>
> I take it that you don't know how *Playback* Groups work either then...

Playback groups allow you create different playback navigation
settings (skip forward, skip back, jump, and timestretch) and assign
them to your recordings. You can make this assignment either as part
of a recording rule which will apply to that rule's future recordings,
or on a piecemeal basis to existing recordings. You choose which
playback group to assign a recording/rule to in Recording Options for
the rule/recording.

> I've now got *Recording* Groups to do what I wanted but there is still no
> filter that I can see for *Playback* Groups.

You do not filter on playback groups, only recording groups. Recording
groups let you arrange your recordings into collections of similar
material. Playback groups simply let you decide how you navigate that
material when you watch it. I don't see playgroup as something a user
would want to filter on in the Watch Recordings listing, as this is
precisely what recording groups cater for.

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/