[mythtv-users] SVN Head - how do I use Playback Groups

Paul Mason latepaul at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 00:03:29 UTC 2008

On 02/01/2008, Robin Gilks <g8ecj at gilks.org> wrote:

> Confused of NZ here (again!!)
>
> I've got a few episodes of a series that I want to access easily so I
> thought that creating a new Playback Group and moving the programs to it
> would allow me to get to them quickly using the 'Change Group Filter' menu
> item in the 'Watch Recordings' screen.
>
> Wrong - seems that the only thing I can filter on is show category or
> 'Default'.

Firstly, since I'm not up on all the terminology, by "SVN HEAD" you mean the
latest and greatest right?

I'm running revision 14946 (Nov 24th) and it pretty much works as you expect
it to here. You create your playback groups, when you create a recording
schedule you assign a playback group and when you come to Watch Recordings,
Change Group Filter will allow you to change between them (there's an All
option too IIRC)

I guess it got broke since, but that's the risk of running SVN. My system's
running pretty well now (for what I want) so I'm probably sticking with this
until 0.21 is released.

HTH

--
Paul Mason