[mythtv-users] Should I be transcoding? UK DVB-T

Steve Daniels steve.p.daniels at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 2 17:52:59 UTC 2008

HI all,

I've done a bit of reading here, there, and everywhere trying to
figure out if I should be transcoding or not. My sources are a number
of Nova-T's receiving Freeview in a modest backend. And the primary
frontend is an Epia M10K.

Should I be transcoding?
To reduce file size?
To make playback easier on the Epia?
To remove those pesky blips and glitches when it's really windy/sporadic signal?
Is it time to experiment with commercial detection? (Something which
would probably end up with me getting obsessive about it and
relearning c++..)

Thanks for any replies,

Steve Daniels

P.S. Looking forward to this week..

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/305993#305993

"The only big commit coming is for multirec/inputgroups,
but it looks like that's not going to happen until the first week
of January." -- Daniel K