[mythtv-users] MythBuntu 7.10 Screen Blanking

David Fishburn dfishburn.mythtv at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 14:06:04 UTC 2008

These are the notes I wrote myself the last time I setup Myth (Ubuntu Edgy)

ScreenSaver
-----------
    Make sure your screen savers have been disabled.
    These are set both in /etc/X11/xorg.conf and in your GDM.

    sudo vim /etc/X11/xorg.conf
         # Disable dynamic power management (screen blanking)
         #    Option         "dpms"

    In the GDM
        System -> Preferences -> Power Management
            Tab: Running on AC
                Place both slide bars to "Never"
        System -> Preferences -> Screen Save
            Uncheck: Activate screensaver when computer is idle
            Uncheck: Lock screen when screensaver is active