[mythtv-users] My First MythTV Box

William Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Wed Jan 2 06:57:53 UTC 2008

Microsoft hardware is actually quite good - unlike their software!  It
also doesnt seem to care if its linux or windows - it generally just
works.  Of all the MS hardware I've tried, the MS mice have too
sensitive wheel buttons, but other than that, no problems.

The MCE remote has nice, comfortable easy to use buttons for my broad
stumpy fingers, a nice easy to hold shape and buttons fall to hand
(finger?) seemingly naturally - reliable and liked by the family.  It
got dropped once too often, so I replaced it with a much more expensive
logitech 525 - what an ergonomic disaster!!!!!!  No-one who uses it
likes the shape, button layout, or myself the number buttons which are
almost unusable without extra care not to touch a surrounding button as
well.

Never thought I would be defending an MS product!!!

BillK

On Tue, 2008-01-01 at 22:50 -0700, Brian Phillips wrote:
> > Microsoft makes some great remotes. You've gotta give credit where
> > credit is due. -Steve
>
> I _think_ microsoft puts their brand on some good remotes made/designed/sold
> by smaller companies.
>
> I could be wrong, but I am skeptical of the amount of design work microsoft
> engineers put into the MCE remote...
>
> Brian

Home in Perth!