[mythtv-users] Recording active TV program results in recording "Aborted"

Mike Frandsen frandsen at mt.sri.com
Wed Jan 2 02:32:08 UTC 2008

Scenario:
I change channels to a half hour show that's about halfway through.  I
bring up the program guide and mark to record the current program.  The
program guide immediately shows "Aborted".  In the recorded programs, I
see a 45 second or 1 minute recording (different attempts) which makes
it looks like it saves the portion of the show I've already viewed but
does not continue recording the rest of the show.

I searched the archives in recent weeks for "Aborted" but didn't see
anything that looked like this problem.  Has anyone else seen or
resolved this issue?  This is on a brand new Kubuntu box with the latest
repository version of MythTV - that otherwise seems to be working fine.

Thanks,
Mike