[mythtv-users] First Mythbuntu System - Advice?

Jonno jonnojohnson at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 01:32:51 UTC 2008

Here's what I've come up with for a Mythbuntu HTPC system. I'm gonna
use this mostly for OTA digital tv. My tv is currently analog but I'll
probably upgrade later this year sometime. I want to be able to watch
OTA tv, DVD's (not too fussed about HD-DVD or Blu-Ray yet) and
sometimes certain video via websites.
I already have a pcHDTV hd-5500 tuner card
I have a spare 320GB drive that I'm going to use initially till I see
how this works. I'll probably add another drive later. I also have an
802.3G wireless card that I'll use for watching some low res stuff
over the net.

So here's my shopping list:
ASUS P1-AH2 Barebones System -
http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16856110057
AMD Athlon X2 BE-2400 Brisbane 2.3GHz Socket AM2 45W Dual-Core
Processor - http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16819103204
A-DATA 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) -
http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16820211066
SAMSUNG 20X DVD±R DVD Burner -
http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16827151151

Finally it seems like the MCEUSB2 remote is the most consistently
supported in Mythbuntu but I see a lot of MCE remotes out there. Does
someone have a link to where to buy one of these?