[mythtv-users] Intro---

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Tue Jan 1 15:56:11 UTC 2008

On Jan 1, 2008 2:18 AM, Brad DerManouelian <myth at dermanouelian.com> wrote:

> I never page with 1.5GB so 2GB should be just as much joy. You should
> tweak your MySQL settings to use up some of that RAM that will
> otherwise be unused. Faster record seek times make for happier myth
> systems.

Actually, my frontend and backend each have 526 MB of ram and it
appears to be plenty.  I record almost entirely HD shows (OTA) with
three HD-5500 tuners in the backend. Granted, I'm not doing any
commercial flagging at all and the backend never needs to do any
decoding, transcoding etc, but I have no problem recording three HD
shows at once.

Out of curiousity, has anyone here run into problems using that little
on dedicated frontend/backend machines?

Tom