[mythtv-users] corrupted DVB video

Jon Whitear jon at whitear.org
Fri Feb 29 23:04:36 UTC 2008

On 29/02/2008, at 2:34 PM, Richard Keech wrote:
> I'm experiencing problems with DVB playback with MythTV.   The
> problems
> are restricted mainly to one channel.
> Suggestions most welcome.

Where are you (Australia judging by your phone number), and which
channel is the problem? I'm using DVB-T in Lane Cove, Sydney, and
channel nine is often a problem for me. Re-scanning the channels fixes
it for a while. I suspect they change something every now and then.

> status 1f | signal 4504 | snr 0000 | ber 00013280 | unc 00000008 |
> FE_HAS_LOCK

That does look like poor signal strength. Do you get the same signal
strength on all channels? I had to add an attenuator (12db IIRC) to
get a usable signal, so the masthead amp could be making the problem
worse.

Cheers,

Jon