[mythtv-users] What MenuTheme do you use ?

mikp mikpolniak at roadrunner.com
Fri Feb 29 22:25:48 UTC 2008

On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 09:45:20 -0600
"Mitch Gore" <mitchell.gore at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Jump points, man...
> >

> I use default and the bloo-tube theme.  I altered the menu structure so 1st
> option is watch live tv and the second is recorded TV.  Never  wanted to
> have to use a sub menu to get to watch recordings.  I watch recordings 98%
> of the time so it should be the easiest to get to.

I altered my menu layout also but i find 'jumppoints' are the best way to
get to a destination (e.g. Program Guide) by simply pressing one key on the
remote.

Jumppoints are not mentioned very often and google did'nt turn up anything
very instructive. So here are the destinations in my 'jumppoints' table:

| destination                        | keylist | hostname |
+------------------------------------+---------+----------+
| Program Guide                      | F5      | slack5   |
| Program Finder                     | F4      | slack5   |
| Manage Recordings / Fix Conflicts  | F6      | slack5   |
| Program Recording Priorities       |         | slack5   |
| Channel Recording Priorities       |         | slack5   |
| TV Recording Playback              | F2      | slack5   |
| TV Recording Deletion              | F9      | slack5   |
| Live TV                            |         | slack5   |
| Manual Record Scheduling           |         | slack5   |
| Main Menu                          | F1      | slack5   |
| Live TV In Guide                   |         | slack5   |
| Status Screen                      | F7      | slack5   |
| Previously Recorded                | F8      | slack5   |
| MythVideo                          |         | slack5   |
| Video Manager                      |         | slack5   |
| Video Browser                      |         | slack5   |
| Video Listings                     |         | slack5   |
| Video Gallery                      |         | slack5   |
| Reload Theme                       |         | slack5   |
| Play DVD                           |         | slack5   |
| Play VCD                           |         | slack5   |
| Rip DVD                            |         | slack5   |
| Netflix Browser                    |         | slack5   |
| Netflix Queue                      |         | slack5   |
| Netflix History                    |         | slack5   |
| MythGallery                        |         | slack5   |
| MythGame                           |         | slack5   |
| MythWeather                        |         | slack5   |

Edit the keylist to map a key of your choice to any destination listed,
then edit the remote control config file 'lircrc' to map e.g. the  F5 key
to the "Guide" button on my MCE RC6 remote control. Now the
'Program Guide menu' is just one key press (remote control or keyboard)
from anywhere.

I updated the 'jumppoints' table directly in mysql, but if you have the
mythcontrols plugin installed then you should be able to "Edit Keys" from
within Mythfrontend.