[mythtv-users] What's the best HD frontend only hardware?

Dan Ritter dsr-myth at tao.merseine.nu
Fri Feb 29 17:30:56 UTC 2008

On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 11:24:48AM -0500, Chris Ribe wrote:

> No joke.  I seriously do not even know why one would desire ecc ram or SCSI
> drives.  I guess as replacements for failed parts?

ECC RAM for when your data integrity really counts; SCSI drives
when you need 15K RPM disks or, say, your OS doesn't like SATA.

(I've had all three of those at various times; never at home,
though. And ECC isn't enough if you have really large data
volumes.)

-dsr-

subversive content by DHS, and is
believed to be treasonous Commie propaganda.