[mythtv-users] Not the usual problem with digital passthrough.

Robert Jones kaosfere at gmail.com
Fri Feb 29 16:59:59 UTC 2008

> Your ALSA mixer settings are incorrect for your card.  You need to

It actually looks like the problem was either insufficient
experimentation or user error, depending on how generous you're
feeling.

Messing with the upmix types didn't do anything.  However, while I was
experimenting, I entered ALSA:plug:iec958:{AES0 0x02} to see what
happened, because I wasn't sure if I'd tried that combination, and
*that* did work.  I now get the nice digital decode light on my amp
when playing a DVD.

I'm not exactly sure *why* this version worked when none other did,
but I'm happy that it does work.  I need to find out more about ALSA.

Thanks for the input everyone. :)

--
You have been eaten by a grue.