[mythtv-users] seeking video hardware recommendations

jedi at mishnet.org jedi at mishnet.org
Fri Feb 29 16:13:56 UTC 2008

> I would like a Mac Mini - but I dont have a LCD/plasma TV - I have the
> old style CRT which will do SCART, S-Video or RGB in - does anyone
> know of a device for the Mac that will do output to any of those?

    The svideo adaptor that the Apple stores sell do just fine in
this regard. The Mini also comes with a DVI->VGA connector already.
If you go into one of their stores they will be most helpful with
regards to cables.

    BTW, that BBC underwater video 1080p demo pushes the new mini
a bit. The cpu that xine is on runs to 100%. Any suggestions?

    I hadn't seen that before with the Apple trailers. I will have
to try it with the other machine to see how it handles it. The other
machine was a source build and the new machine is strictly from the
binary repositories (MythBuntu).

> On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 7:09 PM, Nick F <nikos.f at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 2/27/08, Richard Bronosky <BrunosJunk at bronosky.com> wrote:
>> > It's time to bury this system http://www.bronosky.com/?p=21  And one
>> > thing I learned from my first MythTV build is that I should start with
>> > reliable video hardware support and build backwards.  I'm going to
>> > separate the FE and BE this time to optimize the playback experience.
>> > Here is what I am thinking.
[deletia]