[mythtv-users] What's the best HD frontend only hardware?

Larry Sanderson larry.sanderson at gmail.com
Fri Feb 29 15:18:35 UTC 2008

On Friday 29 February 2008 09:57:08 am Brian Wood wrote:
> On Feb 29, 2008, at 7:43 AM, Josh White wrote:
> > To be fair, the hard drives are refurbished, but that seems like
> > quite a deal.
>
> True. I've had very good luck with refurbished drives. The failure
> rate has been no different from new units.
>
> I've had very good luck with that vendor. I have no idea how good
> their RMA procedure is as I've never had to use it.
>
> Want to be the first on your block with a 12-CPU machine?
>
> http://www.anysystem.com/ugly-e3500-special-2.html

lol... 99% Off!

> (Bit of trivia: Sun machines are named for the first network they ran
> on, "Stanford University Network")

I did not know that.  I worked for Sun about ten years ago (it was
during the boom, and it was an awesome company to work for).  All their
internal apps had cute sun-related names.  One app was
called "solstice" (time entry system), another "sun-spot"
(travel/expense system).  It became something of a joke wondering when
folks would run out of sun-related names.