[mythtv-users] Why do they put VGA on Mother Boards anymore?

Chris Ribe chrisribe at gmail.com
Fri Feb 29 03:24:14 UTC 2008

> > This is crazy!
>
> I agree it's crazy. The 965-based motherboards have VGA out. You need an
> add-on card for DVI out. (I use a DVI add-on, plus a DVI-to-HDMI
> adapter to send HDMI to my HDTV.)
>
> I think the newer G33 and G35-based boards have DVI output on the board.
> --
> Ray Lischner

It's far from cheap, but the Asus
P5E-VM<http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131237>has
G35 graphics, HDMI *and* VGA out,  as well as Firewire and digital
audio
out.  It's too pricey for a frontend only, 1080i MPEG-2 only system, but it
is the ideal foundation for a 1080p h.264 capable beast of a
frontend/backend system.

-chris

--
TV/IT Engineer