[mythtv-users] Cannot watch tv from DVB-T stick

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Fri Feb 29 02:04:02 UTC 2008

On 28/02/2008, Johannes Reisinger <hannes at linus.priv.at> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I am running MythTV 0.20.2 for some months without problems. I am using
>  a PVR-350.
>  Recently I tried to add a second capture device, an MSI MegaSky 580 USB
>  DVB-T receiver.
>  It works in principle; I scanned the channels to a channel.conf and can
>  watch TV with mplayer.
>  Then I tried to install it in mythtv. I first tried to scan the channels
>  - it worked; but when I tried to watch TV, I see only white noise on the
>  screen. I tried to import from channels.conf - same effect. I manually
>  deleted the corresponding entries from the sql-table 'channel' and
>  'dtv_multiplex' and imported channels.conf again - same effect.
>  I also corrected the 'mplexid' bug - same effect.
>
>  Watching TV from the PVR-350 works fine as before. In the
>  mythbackend.log, there is only one entry 'TVRec(1): HW Tuner: 1->1, also
>  wenn switching from PVR-350 to MegaSky 580 channels - may this be an
>  indication that mythtv tries to use the PVR-350 also for the MegaSky 580
>  channels?
>
>  For reference, I append the channel and dtv_multiplex tables:

<DB tables snipped>

Looking quickly at the database tables you posted, you have all
channels assigned to the same video source (sourceid = 2). If you are
using capture cards that use different tuning methods (analogue tuner
on PVR-350, digital tuner on DVB-T card), you need to use separate
video sources, and assign the correct video source to the correct card
input on the Input Connections page in mythtv-setup.