[mythtv-users] What MenuTheme do you use ?

jedi jedi at mishnet.org
Fri Feb 29 00:00:25 UTC 2008

On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 04:22:39PM -0600, Kevin Kuphal wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 4:13 PM, Christopher X. Candreva <chris at westnet.com>
> wrote:
>

> > With all the discussions about the usability of MythTV, I was wondering
> > what menu theme people were using ?
> >
> > I settled on 'classic' when I set up my system a year ago. This discussion
> > had me look at the others, especially since the documentation seems to be
> > talking about 'Default' most of the time.
> >
> > It was hard to put my finger on why I Classic made more sense to me. When
> > gave Default another try last night, it seemed that separating Watch TV
> > from
> > Watching recordings as far as it was didn't make all that much sense.
>

> A modified DVR that puts "Watch Videos" under "Watch Recordings" because the
> kids use it alot.  I call it PVR.  :)

I too modified DVR. I put the most used functions ( recordings, videos &
games) up front and also put video manager on the front menu. Everything
else is accessable through the regular DVD menu tree which is accessable
from the top menu as "Main Menu".

     I got tired of hunting for video manager when I wanted to use it and
I got tired of hitting the TV menu by mistake. I nearly never watch live TV.
I could completely remove it and not be bothered.

     I call my hack JediDVR.