[mythtv-users] Why do they put VGA on Mother Boards anymore?

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Thu Feb 28 18:39:08 UTC 2008

On Feb 28, 2008, at 11:25 AM, Richard Bronosky wrote:

> Who is better than NewEgg?  Please share.

First, I am probably a bad example, as the sort of thing I generally
purchase is not typically stocked by NE, or, if it is, it's not a
"featured" type product sold at low prices. I also tend to try and
find refurbished units if I can.

Certainly server mobos, scsi drives, ECC RAM, oddball cables and the
like are not NewEgg's strong points.

I almost bought a Hauppauge card from them, only to find it cheaper at
a local retail store.

This is not a "where to buy" list, but I buy from geeks.com,
computergiants, sometimes PC Connection and zipzoomfly (though they
are pricey).

I'm aware a lot of people are very happy with newegg, it's just that
they have not proven to be the best answer for my own needs.

If you are happy with a vendor by all means stay with them.

beww