[mythtv-users] Why do they put VGA on Mother Boards anymore?

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Thu Feb 28 17:19:51 UTC 2008

On Feb 28, 2008, at 10:10 AM, Brad DerManouelian wrote:

> On Feb 28, 2008, at 8:36 AM, Richard Bronosky wrote:
>
>> I refuse to believe that the average consumer is building PCs from
>> parts purchased through newegg.  But the fact remains that putting a
>> VGA port on a mobo does not increase your market, it limits it.
>
> Have you read some of the comments left by people who have bought
> motherboards from newegg? Below average isn't all that uncommon. :)
>
> If they take VGA off a motherboard, they run the risk of comments like
> "this motherboard suxx. I plugged in my 15 year old CRT and nothing
> happened. Don't buy this!!!1!1"

My experience is that NewEgg seems to cater to gamers, folks who think
they know all about computers but actually just know a little bit
about Windows.

Their customers certainly don't know where to find good prices, I
rarely see anything newegg is selling that can't be had more cheaply
elsewhere.

The convenience is nice. They have a good selection and ship quickly,
but they don't seem to understand servers or Unix people very much.

Just my personal opinion of course.

beww