[mythtv-users] Hauppauge HD-PVR (also Gefen HD PVR)

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 22:22:28 UTC 2008

Well, it's too expensive from my perspective for a device that is not
directly Myth compatible.  (since you would need to manually copy the
files to a USB drive and copy them to your myth machine, then import
them)

Per the published information by the manufacturer, there is no DRM on
the files whatsoever and they can be played by any compatible media
player.

Personally, I'll wait the extra month or two for the Hauppauge HD PVR,
have it work properly with linux, and pay a quarter the price.

According to one of the Hauppauge devs who visits the IRC channel,
there will be Linux drivers for the HD PVR on release.

Robert