[mythtv-users] anyone know of a suitable device/media pc?

Adam Retter adam.retter at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 27 17:09:40 UTC 2008

I am looking for something that has an LCD display and will do
TV-Output as well - basically its for my bedroom, it should have two
methods of use -

1) Connected to my hifi I should be able to browse the music and play
songs using the remote and the LCD. I dont want to have the TV
switched on as well!
2) Connected to my TV it should be able to play videos/pictures from
networked pc's using the TV and the remote. It should play the sound
through the TV - I dont want my HiFi switched on as well!

I supect I could do this with an MSI Live Media -
http://global.msi.com.tw/index.php?func=proddesc&prod_no=1113&maincat_no=134
But they are expensive and probably overkill for this. Anyone know of
anything smaller (hardware wise) and cheaper?

Cheers
--
Adam Retter