[mythtv-users] Out of user jobs.

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Wed Feb 27 14:57:15 UTC 2008

* On Wed Feb 27, 2008 at 06:31:32AM -0800, Jonathan Larson wrote:
>> On 27/02/2008, Jacob Strandlien <kepesk at gmail.com<mailto:kepesk at gmail.com>> wrote:
>> I currently use a horrible hack to do this!
>> Basically I use the recording group as a parameter and pass that to the script.
>> Yes it's horrible...but it works ;-)

> Same here-Set up different encoding jobs as a hash in your script and match
> their names to "recording groups" which you assign in MythTV. I modified
> pdatranscode.pl to do this very thing.

FYI for anyone looking for a coding project to work on in Myth, a patch to
modify Myth to support more (?unlimited?) User Jobs would be very welcome.
I never thought that User Jobs would take off like they did or else I wouldn't
have limited it to four to begin with when I wrote the JobQueue.  I don't even
use them myself anymore since I wrote Storage Groups, so User Jobs changes are
low on my TODO list right now.

--
Chris