[mythtv-users] Out of user jobs.

Jonathan Larson jtlarson at u.washington.edu
Wed Feb 27 14:31:32 UTC 2008

From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org [mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of Steve Smith
Sent: Wednesday, February 27, 2008 1:33 AM
To: Discussion about mythtv
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Out of user jobs.

On 27/02/2008, Jacob Strandlien <kepesk at gmail.com<mailto:kepesk at gmail.com>> wrote:
> Create a shell script (Perl, Bash, Python, pick your poison) that then
> runs the jobs you need, in the order you need them. Then that script
> can be called as one "User Job".

Well, there's the rub.  I had considered something like this, but
there are six combinations in which I would normally run my user jobs,
depending on what kind of processing I want for a given show. (jobs 1
and 3, 1 and 4, 2 and 3, 2 and 4, just 3, or just 4)  So that would
require six user jobs, not including the new one I need.
Thanks for the idea though.

I currently use a horrible hack to do this!
Basically I use the recording group as a parameter and pass that to the script.
Yes it's horrible...but it works ;-)

Cheers
Steve

Same here-Set up different encoding jobs as a hash in your script and match their names to "recording groups" which you assign in MythTV. I modified pdatranscode.pl to do this very thing.